Friday, May 14, 2010

Return of the Redeye


Goodbye fearmongering. . .

Detroit means business - just look at their statues. . .

We crossed back into Canada via the tunnel that runs under the Detroit River and arrived directly by our next venue. Were arrived early, which allowed Julian to locate a new pair of girl shoes to cover his feet. We played at the Phog Lounge with a great local band called The Bulletproof Tiger, who are an instrumental finger-tapping wonder band. And real good peoples. A fellow named Tom ran the venue and he was also a great guy and very excited about independent music and good times.The bands sounded great and we partied on. Soccer in the street in the small hours of the morning with local wildlife and eventually stayed at the home of Emily and Mehrad who were super dudes and very nice to us all. We ate at the restaurant Mehrad worked at and it was quite tasty. We’re back in the Safari and now headed to Toronto for the weekend!

Julian found his earplugs. I actually had them in my shirt. I don't know how that happened.


Hello Windsor, Ontario - loading into the Phog Lounge

After us and This City Defects a local band called The Bulletproof Tiger played. . .

. . . everyone finger tapping, making crazy noise, blowing minds.

People in the streets. Duh dah dee dah day.

Party on / Dino-Dance

A sauced Julian and Nic battled. I am going to give this one to Julian, but only because of his one punch technique that removed Nic's side panel.


1 comment:

  1. I know I'm jumping the gun with my Toronto-related comments here in the posting rightfully belonging to Windsor, but last night's show was an excellent treat! Definitely a happy highlight of my Ontario experience - it was lovely to see yous, Nic, and your show, and I'm very pleased also with the official-groupie-status that my rad new shirt affords me. See you back in V. - Carolyn

    ReplyDelete